I suggest you ...

Trim trailing and leading spaces

DVX should automatically trim trailing and leading spaces in segments. This would much enhance hit precentages with regard to other CAT tools, like MemoQ and Studio, which do this, and save quite a lot of QA time. An added bonus would be having less segments in the TM as there would not be one with a trailing space and one without, for instance, all else being identical.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alfredo Chicote shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alfredo Chicote commented  · 

To John: Wilcox:
        It would indeed, but I think the benefits would outweigh the drawbacks, especially when working with other CAT tools. An alternative would be to delete those trailing spaces in your TMs, which is possible, though it would be a real hassle.

• John Wilcock commented  · 

As pointed out on the user's list, this would need a change to the TM matching algorithm, so that if you had a segment with a trailing space in an existing TM it would still be found as an exact (or guaranteed) match.

• mikhailo commented  · 

Not only spaces, also apostroph, quotes, square and cube signs ([sup]2[/sup] and ²), remove soft hyphens etc. All this called — PRERARE SOURCE.
        And this should be configurable - may be with set of regex or other after loading files in project.

• Alfredo Chicote commented  · 

I also suggestged it way back in the Yahoo Group in 2015; see message #134053. Do really hope the put it into effect! Keep pushing at your end and I'll do the same.

Feedback and Knowledge Base